Nothing in the world delights a truly religious people so much, as consigning them to eternal damnation.
Man, mind yourself is the first commandment.
Of all the arts beneath the heaven that man has found or God has given, none draws the soul so sweet away, as music’s melting, mystic lay; slight emblem of the bliss above, it soothes the spirit all to love.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Novelist
- Arthur Conan Doyle Scottish Writer
- Robert Burns Scottish Poet, Songwriter
- John Witherspoon American Clergyman
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron) English Romantic Poet
- David Mallet Scottish Poet, Dramatist
- Walter Scott Scottish Novelist
- George MacDonald Scottish Poet, Novelist