Believe me my young friend; there is nothing—absolutely nothing—half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.
Glorious, stirring sight! The poetry of motion! The real way to travel! The only way to travel! Here today — in next week tomorrow! Villages skipped, towns and cities jumped — always somebody else’s horizons! O bliss! O poop-poop! O my! O my!
Well, well, perhaps I am a bit of a talker. A popular fellow such as I am — my friends get round me — we chaff, we sparkle, we tell witty stories — and somehow my tongue gets wagging. I have the gift of conversation. I’ve been told I ought to have a salon, whatever that may be.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Novelist
- Arthur Conan Doyle Scottish Writer
- Walter Scott Scottish Novelist
- J. M. Barrie Scottish Novelist
- George MacDonald Scottish Poet, Novelist
- Tobias Smollett Scottish Poet
- John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir Scottish Novelist
- Helen MacInnes American-Scottish Novelist
- William McIlvanney Scottish Novelist, Poet
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor