In a culture where the possibility of wealth and the acquisition of things are so defining of success, we end up pursuing things that, even if we are successful, can never deliver what we envisioned they would. The reason riches become such a snare is because we end up evaluating life in mercenary terms and being seen by others in such terms, and life is just not so.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- A. W. Tozer American Christian Pastor
- Elisabeth Elliot American Christian Author
- Billy Graham American Baptist Religious Leader
- Chuck Swindoll American Christian Pastor
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- Albert Benjamin Simpson Canadian Protestant Preacher
- Mary Manin Morrissey American Christian Religious Leader
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Jerome Greek Priest
- Blaise Pascal French Philosopher, Scientist