When we are depressed, being reminded of other people’s suffering only serves to increase our self-hatred.
If you make happiness your goal, then you’re not going to get to it. Philosophers have been saying it for thousands of years. The goal should be an interesting life.
The problem with growing up fearing and expecting rejection is that you cannot enter into adult relationship in the expectation of happiness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ross Perot American Businessman
- Mark McCormack American Lawyer
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Neil Armstrong American Astronaut
- Chinua Achebe Nigerian Novelist, Poet
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- William Coperthwaite American Builder, Designer
- LaVell Edwards American Football Coach
- Michael Edwardes British Business Executive