If you make happiness your goal, then you’re not going to get to it. Philosophers have been saying it for thousands of years. The goal should be an interesting life.
The problem with growing up fearing and expecting rejection is that you cannot enter into adult relationship in the expectation of happiness.
Depression is a prison where you are both the suffering prisoner and the cruel jailer.
When we are depressed, being reminded of other people’s suffering only serves to increase our self-hatred.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Michael Edwardes British Business Executive
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Neil Armstrong American Astronaut
- Derek Walcott West Indian Poet
- Mark McCormack American Sports Agent
- Dorothy Bryant American Novelist
- Sandra Day O’Connor American Jurist
- Ross Perot American Businessman
- Nathaniel Branden American Psychotherapist
- F. Enzio Busche Mormon Church Leader