Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.
While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see.
Topics: Photography, Perspective
The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.
One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you’d be stricken blind.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Damon Runyon American Writer, Journalist
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Walter Reuther American Labor Leader
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Ralph C. Smedley Founder of Toastmasters
- Charles H. Revson American Businessman
- Edgard Varese French-American Composer
- Tanizaki Jun’ichiro Japanese Novelist
- Edward Victor Appleton English Physicist
- Martin Buber Austrian Jewish Philosopher