Do not keep the alabaster box of your friendship sealed up until your friends are dead. Fill their lives with sweetness. Speak approving, cheering words while their ears can hear them, and while their hearts can be thrilled and made happier. The kind of things you mean to say when they are gone, say before they go.
—George William Childs
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Kirk Douglas American Actor
- Warren G. Harding American Head of State
- George Horace Lorimer American Editor
- Sheryl Sandberg American Executive, Author
- Katharine Graham American Publisher
- Martha Stewart American Businesswoman
- Sheri L. Dew American Mormon Children’s Books Writer
- Jack Welch American Businessperson
- Warren Buffett American Investor
- Bill Gates American Businessperson