To gain knowledge, we must learn to ask the right questions; and to get answers, we must act, not wait for answers to occur to us.
One cannot play chess if one becomes aware of the pieces as living souls and of the fact that the Whites and the Blacks have more in common with each other than with the players. Suddenly one loses all interest in who will be champion.
Conflict… is a theme that has occupied the thinking of man more than any other, save only God and love.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Daniel Kahneman American-Israeli Psychologist, Economist
- Wilhelm Reich Austrian Psychoanalyst
- Betty Friedan American Feminist, Author
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Sidney Sheldon American Novelist, Screenwriter
- Carl Sagan American Astronomer
- Joseph F. Smith American Religious Leader