O what a blessing is Sunday, interposed between the waves of worldly business like the divine path of the Israelites through the sea! There is nothing in which I would advise you to be more strictly conscientious than in keeping the Sabbath day holy. I can truly declare that to me the Sabbath has been invaluable.
God has so made the mind of man that a peculiar deliciousness resides in the fruits of personal industry.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux Scottish Jurist, Politician
- Samuel Taylor Coleridge English Poet
- Jane Austen English Novelist
- Samuel Johnson British Essayist
- Isaac Newton English Physicist
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Alfred, Lord Tennyson British Poet
- John Newton English Clergyman, Writer
- William Cowper English Anglican Poet