Understanding brings control.
Christians have oppressed Jews, Moslems, Buddhists, Pagans, and each other throughout their centuries of power, preaching religious intolerance as the word of Jehovah whenever they had the military, political, or economic power to make it stick — and then piously preaching brotherhood, peace, and toleration when they didn’t.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Claude Debussy French Composer
- Charlton Heston American Actor
- George P. Putnam American Publisher
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer
- Edgar Cayce American Faith Healer
- Helena Blavatsky Ukrainian-born American Theosophist
- Bela Bartok Hungarian Composer, Ethnomusicologist
- Dashiell Hammett American Crime Writer