The people who were honored in the Bible were the false prophets. It was the ones we call the prophets who were jailed and driven into the desert, and so on.
The basic idea which runs right through modern history and modern liberalism is that the public has got to be marginalized. The general public are viewed as no more than ignorant and meddlesome outsiders, a bewildered herd.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Howard Zinn American Historian, Activist
- John Rawls American Philosopher
- Daniel C. Dennett American Philosopher, Atheist
- Murray Bookchin American Political Thinker
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist