Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it.
Beauty is an enormous, unmerited gift given randomly, stupidly.
Children aren’t coloring books. You don’t get to fill them with your favorite colors.
People say that eyes are windows to the soul.
There is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft. … When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife’s right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone’s right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Orson Scott Card American Author
- Angelina Jolie American Actor
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Larry McMurtry American Novelist
- John Irving American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- James Ellroy American Crime Fiction Writer