Humor may be defined as the kindly contemplation of the incongruities of life, and the artistic expression thereof.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
If I were founding a university I would begin with a smoking room; next a dormitory; and then a decent reading room and a library. After that, if I still had more money that I couldn’t use, I would hire a professor and get some text books.
In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies
In Canada we have enough to do keeping up with two spoken languages … so we just go right ahead and use English for literature, Scotch for sermons, and American for conversation.
Lord Ronald said nothing; he flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- William Mulock Canadian Lawyer, Educator
- Frederick Banting Canadian Medical Scientist
- Margaret Atwood Canadian Author
- Henri Matisse French Painter, Sculptor
- Harvey Williams Cushing American Neurosurgeon, Biographer
- Bainbridge Colby American Politician
- Emma Goldman American Anarchist
- William Strunk, Jr. American Writer
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery French Novelist, Aviator