If I were founding a university I would begin with a smoking room; next a dormitory; and then a decent reading room and a library. After that, if I still had more money that I couldn’t use, I would hire a professor and get some text books.
Lord Ronald said nothing; he flung himself from the room, flung himself upon his horse and rode madly off in all directions.
In Canada we have enough to do keeping up with two spoken languages … so we just go right ahead and use English for literature, Scotch for sermons, and American for conversation.
Humor may be defined as the kindly contemplation of the incongruities of life, and the artistic expression thereof.
I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.
In ancient times they had no statistics so they had to fall back on lies
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Bainbridge Colby American Politician
- William Mulock Canadian Lawyer, Educator
- Frederick Banting Canadian Medical Scientist
- Margaret Atwood Canadian Author
- Damon Runyon American Writer, Journalist
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- Henri Matisse French Painter, Sculptor
- Harvey Williams Cushing American Neurosurgeon, Biographer