The secret of all effective originality in advertising is not the creation of new and tricky words and pictures, but one of putting familiar words and pictures into new relationships.
When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get one, but you won’t come up with a handful of mud either.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sydney J. Harris American Essayist, Drama Critic
- H. L. Mencken American Journalist, Literary Critic
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Mignon McLaughlin American Journalist
- Christopher Morley American Novelist, Essayist
- Diane Sawyer American Journalist
- Dorothy Thompson American Journalist
- James Agee American Man of Letters
- Jim Bishop American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist