If a lecturer, he wishes to be heard; if a writer, to be read. He always hopes for a public beyond that of the long-suffering wife.
—Samuel Eliot Morison
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Henry Adams American Historian
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- John Hope Franklin American Historian
- Charles William Eliot American Educator
- Theodore Roosevelt American Head of State
- James Harvey Robinson American Historian
- Henry Kissinger American Diplomat
- Richard Neustadt American Historian
- Doris Kearns Goodwin American Historian
- T. S. Eliot American-born British Poet