When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
An ideal wife is one who remains faithful to you but tries to be just as charming as if she weren’t.
You can pretend to be serious; but you can’t pretend to be witty.
I am in favor of preserving the French habit of kissing ladies’ hands – after all, one must start somewhere.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jean Cocteau French Poet, Artist
- Michel Houellebecq French Author
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Jean-Paul Sartre French Philosopher
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Maurice Chevalier French Actor
- Octave Mirbeau French Author
- Voltaire French Philosopher, Author
- Jeanne Moreau French Actress