The delicate and infirm go for sympathy, not to the well and buoyant, but to those who have suffered like themselves.
How many young hearts have revealed the fact that what they had been trained to imagine the highest earthly felicity was but the beginning of care, disappointment, and sorrow, and often led to the extremity of mental and physical suffering.
As if reasoning were any kind of writing or talking which tends to convince people that some doctrine or measure is true and right.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- A. J. Liebling American Journalist
- Tim Ferriss American Self-help Author
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- Jerry Seinfeld American Comedian
- Harriet Beecher Stowe American Abolitionist
- Tina Brown British-American Journalist, Editor
- William Gaddis American Novelist
- Lyman Beecher American Presbyterian Clergyman
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady