As if reasoning were any kind of writing or talking which tends to convince people that some doctrine or measure is true and right.
How many young hearts have revealed the fact that what they had been trained to imagine the highest earthly felicity was but the beginning of care, disappointment, and sorrow, and often led to the extremity of mental and physical suffering.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- Jerry Seinfeld American Comedian
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis American First Lady
- Tim Ferriss American Self-help Author
- A. J. Liebling American Journalist
- William Gaddis American Novelist
- Tina Brown British-American Journalist, Editor
- Henry Ward Beecher American Protestant Clergyman
- Harriet Beecher Stowe American Abolitionist