For the nearer any one approaches to God, the more he is illuminated, and therefore the more clearly does he see the majesty and mercy of God.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Catherine of Siena Italian Philosopher
- Francis of Assisi Italian Monk
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- John Chrysostom Archbishop of Constantinople
- Roger Bacon English Philosopher
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- William of Ockham English Philosopher, Polemicist
- Adam Clarke British Methodist Scholar
- Shantideva Indian Buddhist Scholar