I am still learning–how to take joy in all the people I am, how to use all my selves in the service of what I believe, how to accept when I fail and rejoice when I succeed.
The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference.
Even the smallest victory is never to be taken for granted. Each victory must be applauded…
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Angela Davis American Political Activist
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Allen Ginsberg American Poet
- Marilyn French American Feminist Author
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- Margaret Walker American Author, Poet
- Sylvia Plath American Poet, Novelist