The sharing of joy, whether physical, emotional, psychic, or intellectual, forms a bridge between the sharers which can be the basis for understanding much of what is not shared between them, and lessens the threat of their difference.
I am still learning—how to take joy in all the people I am, how to use all my selves in the service of what I believe, how to accept when I fail and rejoice when I succeed.
Even the smallest victory is never to be taken for granted. Each victory must be applauded…
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Angela Davis American Political Activist
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Allen Ginsberg American Poet
- Marilyn French American Feminist Author
- Kate Millet American Feminist, Writer, Sculptor
- Muriel Rukeyser American Poet