We are not the masters. The people are the masters. We are the servants of the people…What the electorate gives, the electorate can take away.
Power without principle is barren, but principle without power is futile. This is a party of government and I will lead it as party of government.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- James Callaghan British Labour Statesman
- John Major British Head of State
- Henry Brougham, 1st Baron Brougham and Vaux Scottish Jurist, Politician
- Ramsay MacDonald British Head of State
- Frederick William Faber British Hymn writer
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- David Lloyd George British Liberal Statesman