Let us fill a cup and drink to that most noble, ridiculous, laughable, sublime figure in our lives…The Young Man Who Was. Let us drink to his dreams, for they were rainbow-colored; to his appetites, for they were strong; to his blunders, for they were huge; to his pains for they were sharp; to his time for it was brief; and to his end, for it was to become one of us.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Kirk Douglas American Actor
- Leon Uris American Writer
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Sidney Sheldon American Novelist, Screenwriter
- Ben Hecht American Screenwriter
- John Cheever American Novelist
- Irving Berlin American Composer
- Larry King American TV Personality