As with most fine things, chocolate has its season. There is a simple memory aid that you can use to determine whether it is the correct time to order chocolate dishes: any month whose name contains the letter A, E, or U is the proper time for chocolate.
Topics: Memory, Just for Fun
Carob is a brown powder made from the pulverized fruit of a Mediterranean evergreen. Some consider carob an adequate substitute for chocolate because it has some similar nutrients (calcium, phosphorus), and because it can, when combined with vegetable fat and sugar, be made to approximate the color and consistency of chocolate. Of course, the same arguments can as persuasively be made in favor of dirt.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Russell Hoban American Author
- Joan Baez American Singer
- James A. Michener American Novelist
- Herbert Hoover American Statesman
- Judith Viorst American Psychoanalyst
- Ursula K. Le Guin Science-fiction writer
- Toni Morrison American Novelist
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- Don Herold American Humorist
- Jeannette Rankin American Politician