Making social comment is an artificial place for an artist to start from. If an artist is touched by some social condition, what the artist creates will reflect that, but you can’t force it.
Topics: Arts, Artists, Art
Great control of every motion and placement is a kind of self-care. It’s self-love in the best sense. I make a contract with the dancers (not literally, of course) to keep them alive and well and progressive—doing level best to see that they’re not injured. Dancing is not normal, that only a strong, knowledgeable body can protect against damage.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Ella Fitzgerald American Singer, Composer
- Agnes de Mille American Dancer
- Martha Graham American Choreographer
- Johnny Carson American Comedian
- Shirley Temple American Actress, Diplomat
- Art Linkletter Canadian-born American Radio Personality
- James Maitland Stewart American Film Actor
- Zsa Zsa Gabor Hungarian-born Film Actress
- Sugar Ray Robinson American Boxer