Competition is what keeps me playing the psychological warfare of matching skill against skill and wit against wit.
If you’re successful in what you do over a period of time, you’ll start approaching records, but that’s not what you’re playing for. You’re playing to challenge and be challenged.
Show me a guy who’s afraid to look bad, and I’ll show you a guy you can beat every time.
We have to make some radical move to get the attention of everyone. Cheaters can’t win and steroids has put us in the position that it’s OK to cheat.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Harmon Killebrew American Baseball Player
- Ted Williams American Sportsperson
- Hank Aaron American Baseball Player
- Johnny Bench American Sportsperson
- Tom Seaver American Baseball Player
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Joe DiMaggio American Baseball Player
- Jim O’Toole American Sportsperson
- Cookie Lavagetto American Sportsperson