There had been times when he knew, somewhere in him, that he would get used to it, whatever it was, because he had learnt that some hard things became softer after a very little while.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- David Hare British Playwright, Director
- John Berger English Art Critic, Essayist, Novelist
- Philip Pullman English Children’s Author, Dramatist
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Anthony Burgess English Novelist, Critic
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Neil Gaiman British Writer