Now that I am ninety-five years old, looking back over the years, I have seen many changes taking place, so many inventions have been made. Things now go faster. In olden times things were not so rushed. I think people were more content, more satisfied with life than they are today. You don’t hear nearly as much laughter and shouting as you did in my day, and what was fun for us wouldn’t be fun now…. In this age I don’t think people are as happy, they are worried. They’re too anxious to get ahead of their neighbors, they are striving and striving to get something better. I do think in a way that they have too much now. We did with much less.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Andy Warhol American Painter
- Robert Henri American Painter
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter, Etcher
- Pablo Picasso Spanish Painter
- Georges Braque French Painter
- Edgar Degas French Painter
- Vincent van Gogh Dutch Painter
- Michelangelo Italian Painter
- Claude Monet French Painter
- William Hogarth English Painter, Engraver