I have always looked on disobedience toward the oppressive as the only way to use the miracle of having been born.
Listening to someone talk isn’t at all like listening to their words played over on a machine. What you hear when you have a face before you is never what you hear when you have before you a winding tape.
Topics: Conversation, Speech
Glory is a heavy burden, a murdering poison, and to bear it is an art. And to have that art is rare.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- Vincent Price American Actor
- Ernest Hemingway American Author
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Luciano De Crescenzo Italian Film Actor, Director, Engineer
- Umberto Eco Italian Novelist
- Alex Haley American Novelist, Biographer
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Francesco Guicciardini Italian Historian
- Florence Nightingale English Nurse