A man can go from being a lover to being a stranger in three moves flat but a woman under the guise of friendship will engage in acts of duplicity which come to light very much later. There are different species of self-justification.
Topics: Men & Women, Lovers
You have no idea how promising the world begins to look once you have decided to have it all for yourself. And how much healthier your decisions are once they become entirely selfish.
What is interesting about self-analysis is that it leads nowhere—it is an art form in itself.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- Philip Pullman English Children’s Author, Dramatist
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Angela Carter English Novelist, Short Story Writer
- Jackie Collins English Romance Novelist
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist