To help, to continually help and share, that is the sum of all knowledge; that is the meaning of art.
When we grow old, there can only be one regret – not to have given enough of ourselves.
I did not use paint, I made myself up morally.
The weaker partner in a marriage is the one who loves the most.
If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
The one happiness is to shut one’s door upon a little room, with a table before one, and to create; to create life in that isolation from life.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Tallulah Bankhead American Actress
- Joseph F. Smith American Religious Leader
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Francoise Sagan French Novelist
- Carson McCullers American Novelist
- Frida Kahlo Mexican Painter
- Joseph Conrad Polish-born British Novelist
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Kate Millet American Feminist, Writer, Sculptor