The weaker partner in a marriage is the one who loves the most.
To help, to continually help and share, that is the sum of all knowledge; that is the meaning of art.
The one happiness is to shut one’s door upon a little room, with a table before one, and to create; to create life in that isolation from life.
If the sight of the blue skies fills you with joy, if a blade of grass springing up in the fields has power to move you, if the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
When we grow old, there can only be one regret – not to have given enough of ourselves.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Tallulah Bankhead American Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Joseph F. Smith American Religious Leader
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Joseph Conrad Polish-born British Novelist
- Vladimir Lenin Russian Revolutionary Leader
- Janis Joplin American Singer
- Colette French Novelist, Performer
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher