One thing that makes art different from life is that in art things have a shape… it allows us to fix our emotions on events at the moment they occur, it permits a union of heart and mind and tongue and tear.
Topics: Arts, Artists, Art
Well, love is insanity. The ancient Greeks knew that. It is the taking over of a rational and lucid mind by delusion and self-destruction. You lose yourself, you have no power over yourself, you can’t even think straight.
Nothing is ever simple. What do you do when you discover you like parts of the role you’re trying to escape?
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Carolyn Gold Heilbrun American Feminist Scholar
- Audre Lorde American Poet, Feminist
- Dorothy Bryant American Novelist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Judy Blume American Author