I like to be alone so I can write. But focus can hurt you. I don’t want to be some stress casualty in early middle age.
The 1950s to me is darkness, hidden history, perversion behind most doors waiting to creep out. The 1950s to most people is kitsch and Mickey Mouse watches and all this intolerable stuff…
Topics: Gratitude, Twentieth Century
I am conservative by temperament. I disapprove of criminal activity. I am very solidly and markedly on the side of authority. The truth is I would rather err on the side of too much authority than too little.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Ellery Queen American Crime Fiction Authors
- Charles R. Johnson American Author
- George R. R. Martin American Writer
- John Irving American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- John Barth American Novelist
- George Steiner American Culture Critic