I am conservative by temperament. I disapprove of criminal activity. I am very solidly and markedly on the side of authority. The truth is I would rather err on the side of too much authority than too little.
The 1950s to me is darkness, hidden history, perversion behind most doors waiting to creep out. The 1950s to most people is kitsch and Mickey Mouse watches and all this intolerable stuff…
Topics: Twentieth Century, Gratitude
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Irving American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Raymond Chandler American-British Novelist
- Theodore Dreiser American Novelist, Journalist
- Don DeLillo American Author
- Gene Wolfe American Science Fiction, Fantasy Writer
- Ernest J. Gaines American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- Richard Wright American Novelist, Short-Story Writer
- William McFee English Writer