I must have the gentleman to haul and draw with the mariner, and the mariner with the gentleman. I would know him, that would refuse to set his hand to a rope, but I know there is not any such here.
Topics: Army, Navy, The Military
The advantage of time and place in all practical actions is half a victory; which being lost is irrecoverable.
There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jacques Cousteau French Underwater Explorer
- Douglas MacArthur American Military Leader
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf United States Army Officer
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- William Tecumseh Sherman American Military General
- Robert E. Lee American Military General
- Norman MacEwen British Military Leader
- Albert Pike American Masonic Scholar
- George Marshall American Military Leader