I believe that my gift in this world is not that I’m smarter or more talented than anyone else: it’s that I had a singular goal. I don’t want other stuff: friends, kids, travel. What makes me happy is writing.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- Annie Dillard American Writer
- Anne Lamott American Novelist
- Joyce Maynard American Novelist
- Maxine Hong Kingston American Novelist, Memoirist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer