People are more inclined to be drawn in if their leader has a compelling vision. Great leaders help people get in touch with their own aspirations and then will help them forge those aspirations into a personal vision.
Leaders establish the vision for the future and set the strategy for getting there; they cause change. They motivate and inspire others to go in the right direction and they, along with everyone else, sacrifice to get there.
Great leadership does not mean running away from reality. Sometimes the hard truths might just demoralize the company, but at other times sharing difficulties can inspire people to take action that will make the situation better.
Topics: Reality, Leadership, Difficulty
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Daniel J. Boorstin American Historian
- Randy Pausch American Computer Scientist
- William Graham Sumner American Polymath
- Lincoln Steffens American Journalist
- S. I. Hayakawa Canadian-born American Academic
- Germaine Greer Australia Academic
- Warren Bennis American Management Consultant
- Claude Bernard French Physiologist
- William Blackstone English Judge
- Peter Senge American Management Consultant