All that passes is raised to the dignity of expression; all that happens is raised to the dignity of meaning. Everything is either symbol or parable.
It is fortunate that diplomats have long noses since they usually cannot see beyond them.
Gentlemen, in the little moment that remains to us between the crisis and the catastrophe, we may as well drink a glass of Champagne.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Sigrid Undset Norwegian Novelist
- Francois-Rene de Chateaubriand French Writer, Statesman
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright
- Edmond Rostand French Dramatist
- Alexandre Dumas fils French Dramatist, Novelist
- Alexandre Dumas pere French Novelist, Playwright
- Heywood Broun American Journalist
- Montesquieu French Political Philosopher
- Louis Pasteur French Biologist
- Alexis de Tocqueville French Historian, Political Scientist