Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you’ll find one at the end of your arm … As you grow older you will discover that you have two hands. One for helping yourself, the other for helping others.
I heard a definition once: Happiness is health and a short memory! I wish I’d invented it, because it is very true.
Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering — because you can’t take it in all at once.
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.
I’ve been lucky. Opportunities don’t often come along. So, when they do, you have to grab them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charlie Chaplin British Actor
- Laurence Olivier English Actor, Producer,, Director
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Helen Hayes American Actor
- Elizabeth Taylor English Actor
- John Lennon British Singer
- Meryl Streep American Actor
- Shirley MacLaine American Actor
- Richard Burton Welsh Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer