I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- John Irving American Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- John Updike American Author
- Paul Auster American Novelist, Poet
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer