I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- John Irving American Novelist
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- Ralph Ellison American Novelist
- John Cheever American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Jack Kerouac American Novelist, Poet
- Theodore Dreiser American Novelist, Journalist
- Allen Ginsberg American Poet
- Dashiell Hammett American Crime Writer