All nuclear weapon states should now recognize that this is so, and declare – in Treaty form – that they will never be the first to use nuclear weapons. This would open the way to the gradual, mutual reduction of nuclear arsenals, down to zero.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Isaiah Berlin British Philosopher, Historian
- David Bohm American Physicist
- Marie Curie Polish-born French Physicist
- Edward Teller American Nuclear Physicist
- Peter Medawar British Immunologist, Writer
- Maurice Wilkins British Biophysicist
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Aaron Klug English Biophysicist
- T. S. Eliot American-born British Poet