When you do not know what you are doing and what you are doing is the best—that is inspiration.
My movie is born first in my head, dies on paper; is resuscitated by the living persons and real objects I use, which are killed on film but, placed in a certain order and projected on to a screen, come to life again like flowers in water.
Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen.
Films can only be made by by-passing the will of those who appear in them, using not what they do, but what they are.
In the nude, all that is not beautiful is obscene.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jean Cocteau French Poet, Artist
- Jean Guitton French Catholic Philosopher
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Jean-luc Godard French-born Swiss Film Director
- Jeanne Moreau French Actress
- Sacha Guitry French Actor, Dramatist
- Michel Houellebecq French Author
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Rene Dubos French-American Microbiologist, Author
- Barbara Cartland English Romantic Novelist