If this was adulthood the only improvement she could detect in her situation was that she could now eat dessert without eating her vegetables.
Inspiration never arrived when you were searching for it.
I happen to feel that the degree of a person’s intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting attitudes she can bring to bear on the same topic.
Topics: Intelligence, Attitude
Any mother could perform the jobs of several air traffic controllers with ease.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Amy Tan Chinese-American Novelist
- Rita Mae Brown American Writer, Feminist
- Maxine Hong Kingston American Novelist, Memoirist
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- Norman Mailer American Novelist, Journalist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Fannie Flagg American Comedian, Novelist