People with a culture of poverty suffer much less from repression than we of the middle class suffer and indeed, if I may make the suggestion with due qualification, they often have a hell of a lot more fun than we have.
Topics: Growth, Prejudice, Courage
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- William Butler Yeats Irish Poet
- Oscar Wilde Irish Poet, Playwright
- Sean O’Casey Irish Dramatist
- Harold Pinter British Playwright
- Nadine Gordimer South African Novelist
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- Clive James Australian Writer, Broadcaster, TV Critic
- Alice Munro Canadian Writer
- Cornelia Otis Skinner American Actress, Playwright
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright