Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
I had ambition not only to go farther than any man had ever been before, but as far as it was possible for a man to go.
Ambition leads me not only farther than any other man has been before me, but as far as I think it possible for man to go.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Edmund Hillary New Zealander Explorer, Humanitarian
- Charles Lindbergh American Aviator, Conservationist
- Francis Drake English Military Leader
- Charles Darwin British Naturalist
- Humphry Davy British Chemist
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- John Lennon British Singer
- John Wesley British Methodist Religious Leader
- Samuel Johnson British Essayist