Men would live exceedingly quiet if these two words, mine and thine were taken away.
Appearances are but a glimpse of what is hidden.
Everything has a natural explanation. The moon is not a god, but a great rock, and the sun a hot rock.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thales of Miletus Greek Philosopher, Mathematician
- Heraclitus Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Aristotle Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Democritus Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Protagoras Ancient Greek Philosopher
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Rene Descartes French Mathematician, Philosopher