I believe it is a big mistake to think that money is the only way to compensate a person for his work. People need money, but they also want to be happy in their work and proud of it.
The remarkable thing about management is that a manager can go on for years making mistakes that nobody is aware of, which means that management can be a kind of a con job.
A company will get nowhere if all of the thinking is left to management.
We all learn by imitating, as children, as students, as novices in the world of business. And then we grow up and learn to blend our innate abilities with the rules or principles we have learned.
The important thing in my view is not to pin the blame for a mistake on somebody, but rather to find out what caused the mistake.
In all my years in business I can recall very few people I have wanted to fire for making mistakes.
Curiosity is the key to creativity.
We will try to create conditions where persons could come together in a spirit of teamwork, and exercise to their heart’s desire their technological capacity.
From a management standpoint, it is very important to know how to unleash people’s inborn creativity. My concept is that anybody has creative ability, but very few people know how to use it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Yoko Ono Japanese Artist, Musician
- Akira Kurosawa Japanese Film Director
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Bob Hope British-born American Comedian, Film Actor
- Soichiro Honda Japanese Inventor
- Masaru Ibuka Japanese Entrepreneur, Engineer
- Bill Gates American Businessperson
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Joseph F. Smith American Religious Leader