If you tell a lie, always rehearse it. If it don’t sound good to you, it won’t sound good to anybody.
Money and women. They’re two of the strongest things in the world. The things you do for a woman you wouldn’t do for anything else. Same with money.
What’s scary in life is not what people know (or don’t know), but what they know that ain’t so.
Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
Money and women. They’re the two strongest things in the world. There are things you do for a woman you wouldn’t do for anything else. Same with money.
Ain’t no man can avoid being born average, but there ain’t no man got to be common.
Avoid fresh meats, which angry up the blood. If your stomach disputes you, lie down and pacify it with cool thoughts. Keep the juices flowing by jangling around gently as you move. Go very light in the vices such as carrying on in society. The social ramble ain’t restful. Don’t look back. Someone might be gaining on you.
Never let your head hang down. Never give up and sit down and grieve. Find another way. And don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.
You win a few, you lose a few. Some get rained out. But you got to dress for all of them.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Babe Ruth American Baseball Player
- Dan Quisenberry American Baseball Player
- Tommy Lasorda American Baseball Player, Coach
- Tom Seaver American Baseball Player
- Yogi Berra American Sportsperson
- Joe DiMaggio American Baseball Player
- Harmon Killebrew American Baseball Player
- Ted Williams American Sportsperson
- Rene Dubos French-American Microbiologist, Author
- Jimmy Hoffa American Labor Leader