The composer does not sit around and wait for an inspiration to walk up and introduce itself… Making music is actually little else than a matter of invention aided and abetted by emotion. In composing we combine what we know of music with what we feel.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Irving Berlin American Composer
- Studs Terkel American Oral Historian
- Oscar Levant American Musician
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Ira Gershwin American Lyricist
- Bob Hope British-born American Comedian, Film Actor
- Peter Gabriel English Singer-Songwriter
- Edith Wharton American Novelist, Short-story Writer