The composer does not sit around and wait for an inspiration to walk up and introduce itself… Making music is actually little else than a matter of invention aided and abetted by emotion. In composing we combine what we know of music with what we feel.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Leonard Bernstein American Composer, Conductor
- Aaron Copland American Composer
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Irving Berlin American Composer
- Studs Terkel American Oral Historian
- Oscar Levant American Musician
- Vladimir Horowitz Russian-born American Pianist
- Duke Ellington American Musician
- John Cage American Composer
- Claude Debussy French Composer