Clutter is the disease of American writing. We are a society strangling in unnecessary words, circular constructions, pompous frills and meaningless jargon.
Topics: Writing, Authors & Writing, Writers
Writing and learning and thinking are the same process.
If writing seems hard, it’s because it is hard. It’s one of the hardest things people do.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Judith Crist American Film Critic
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Hannah Arendt German-American Political Theorist
- Harold Bloom American Literary Critic, Author
- William Dean Howells American Writer, Critic
- Lionel Trilling American Critic
- Betty White American Comedian
- James J. Ling American Businessman
- Dorothy Height American Activist