I would be married, but I’d have no wife, I would be married to a single life.
Two went to pray? Better to say one went to brag, the other to pray.
The conscious water saw its God, and blushed.
Eyes, that displaces The neighbor diamond, and out-faces That sun-shine by their own sweet graces.
Love touched her heart, and lo! It beats high, and burns with such brave hearts.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hilaire Belloc British Writer, Poet
- Thomas Gray English Poet
- Robert Ranke Graves British Writer
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Al Alvarez English Critic, Poet, Novelist
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron) English Romantic Poet
- Max Beerbohm British Humorist
- John Berger English Art Critic, Essayist, Novelist
- Thomas Hood British Poet, Humorist