The conscious water saw its God, and blushed.
I would be married, but I’d have no wife, I would be married to a single life.
Love touched her heart, and lo! It beats high, and burns with such brave hearts.
Eyes, that displaces The neighbor diamond, and out-faces That sun-shine by their own sweet graces.
Two went to pray? Better to say one went to brag, the other to pray.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hilaire Belloc British Writer, Poet
- Thomas Gray English Poet
- Robert Ranke Graves British Writer
- Thomas Lovell Beddoes English Poet
- Richard Eyre British Director
- Ford Madox Ford English Novelist, Poet, Critic
- Al Alvarez English Critic, Poet, Novelist
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron) English Romantic Poet
- Max Beerbohm British Humorist
- John Berger English Art Critic, Essayist, Novelist