I came, I saw, I conquered.
I would rather be first in a little Iberian village than second in Rome.
Men willingly believe what they wish.
I love the name of honor, more than I fear death.
Men freely believe that which they desire.
Which death is preferably to every other? “The unexpected”.
As a rule, men worry more about what they can’t see than about what they can.
Men in general are quick to believe that which they wish to be true.
It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cicero Roman Philosopher
- Virgil Roman Poet
- Cornelius Nepos Roman Historian
- Ovid (Publius Ovidius Naso) Roman Poet
- Horace (Quintus Horatius Flaccus) Roman Poet
- Publilius Syrus Syrian-born Latin Writer
- Catullus Roman Latin Poet
- Lucretius Roman Epicurean Philosopher
- Plautus (Titus Maccius Plautus) Roman Comic Playwright
- Pliny the Younger Roman Senator, Writer