Nobody is stronger, nobody is weaker than someone who came back. There is nothing you can do to such a person because whatever you could do is less than what has already been done to him. We have already paid the price.
Words can sometimes, in moments of grace, attain the quality of deeds.
There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win.
If the only prayer you say throughout your life is “Thank You,” then that will be enough.
Ultimately, the only power to which man should aspire is that which he exercises over himself.
The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it’s indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Isaac Asimov American Novelist, Critic, Popular Scientist
- E. L. Doctorow American Writer
- Gertrude Stein American Writer
- Henry Kissinger American Diplomat
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- William H. Gass American Short Story Writer
- Louise Erdrich American Children’s Books Writer
- Andy Rooney American Writer
- Ben Stein American Lawyer