Film as dream, film as music. No form of art goes beyond ordinary consciousness as film does, straight to our emotions, deep into the twilight room of the soul. A little twitch in our optic nerve, a shock effect: twenty-four illuminated frames a second, darkness in between, the optic nerve incapable of registering darkness.
No art passes our conscience in the way film does, and goes directly to our feelings, deep down into the dark rooms of our souls.
Everything is worth precisely as much as a belch, the difference being that a belch is more satisfying.
I make all my decisions on intuition. I throw a spear into the darkness. That is intuition. Then I must send an army into the darkness to find the spear. That is intellect.
Topics: Intuition, Reason, Instincts
Old age is like climbing a mountain. The higher you get, the more tired and breathless you become, but your view becomes much more extensive.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ingrid Bergman Swedish Actor
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Christina, Queen of Sweden Swedish Monarch
- August Strindberg Swedish Playwright
- Catherine Deneuve French Actor
- Bernardo Bertolucci Italian Film Director
- Sean Connery Scottish Actor
- Federico Fellini Italian Filmmaker
- Roman Polanski French Film Director
- Billy Wilder American Filmmaker